Well, another way to call it would be a shopping list. But we often associate a shopping list with a grocery list so I thought a “To-Buy” list would be a better name for the list of things we need (and perhaps want!) to buy.
Below are some of the things I would like to buy this year as our budget permits or as surprise provisions or blessings come in:
- living room sofa – We currently use a slightly pre-loved sofa which we got about 3 years ago. It still is in good condition but has been a bit discolored by now. So I thought it would be nice to get a new one some time this year.
- washing machine – It would be great to finally get a new, fully-automatic one 🙂
- work table – I have a small office/work table at home. I thought it would be great to have a bigger one so it can accommodate our printer as well as some of my files at home.
- bed and pillows – Our bed has been with us for 8 years. We lack a good bed frame to support our bed so getting a new one would be nice. Wait! Perhaps this should be first on the list! 🙂 I think we also need new pillows, too.
- guitar – I missed having a guitar at home. My husband and I play the guitar a bit. I think it’s a relaxing hobby plus we both love singing as well so a guitar is really handy at home. It’s good news then that quality guitars with great prices can also be bought online such as ibanez rg available at Musicians Friend. It saves you time and money (!) from going into stores. Plus such cool deals can be found online.
- stove and electric kettle – Our stove is still functioning but I think wear and tear is at work with it 🙂 So we might need to get a new one eventually. Our electric kettle is also starting to have problems so yes, we might need a replacement for it some time soon.
Other things that need to be improved at home: water connection/sink, kitchen set-up.
I think making a “To-Buy” list for things is great. Just like our grocery list, it helps us see what needs to be bought. In the end, it helps us to better manage our finances.