Thanks to the internet, there are now more options you have to work from home. I would just like to share with you 5 ways that one can earn from home with the use of the internet as your medium of connection to employers or clients.
1. Blogging – This is definitely one of the ways you can earn some real income while staying at home. Your writing does not have to be perfect; this is a skill that you can continue to hone. But I think what is important is that you blog about something you are passionate about, or something that you are willing to learn about. For example if you love pets or techie stuff, you can focus on that. Then as you continue to write and work on your site you can connect to blog advertising networks or platforms. You can thus earn from writing reviews or even posting material from advertisers linked with them. Some of the sites that have helped me earn are: PostJoint, Adbeans, SponsoredReviews and LinkLift. And there are many more. But these are my top sources for blogging income. By the way, you would need a Paypal account to receive payment for your services.
2. Writing – Even before the internet became that popular, writing has been one way for me to earn income. Writing projects could vary. For instance, you can do articles for companies or you can write specific material for companies or even media productions like comic book scripts or even a movie script 🙂 You just need to connect with people who need your writing services. You can also let your contacts know that you are willing to do a writing project for them. Years back, I had the chance to do a comic book script. I thought it was impossible to do it but I found out that if you are willing to learn and love to write, it can be done. And I will give you a tip: If you want to promote your services as a writer, maintain a regular blog. That way, people can readily see samples of your work. Some of the sites you can visit on the web for writing jobs include: odesk, elance as well as onlinejobs.ph if you are based in the Philippines. A PayPal account would also be needed; some of these companies you will be working with will send payment through Paypal.
3. Editing – If you are skilled in details and very keen in checking grammar and flow of written materials, editing work could be something you can do. I think this can be more demanding than writing though 🙂 Other than checking the grammar and writing flow, you also need to check the facts of the material. For editing opportunities, you can check out the same sites I mentioned for writing jobs above. For online writing, some companies will send payment through bank, others through Paypal.
4. Online English Tutorials – Thanks to skype, you can now do English tutorials for Koreans, Japanese and other nationalities. You will need a headset with a good microphone to do this along with a love and skill to teach. You will usually be asked to undergo training after you are accepted to teach. My sis-in-law is so good at doing online English tutorials. And she’s been earning from it. There are several companies you can work with on the net to do tutorials online. One of them is RareJob which connects Filipino teachers with Japanese students. You can also check out the sites I mentioned for writing and editing jobs, there are opportunities there for online tutors or teachers as well. Your payment is usually sent through your bank account.
5. Working as a Virtual Assistant – If you check out some of the most in demand online jobs, this is one of the most common. If you are good with admin work and communications, this can be good for you. There are other specific skills that your client may need as well, like maybe being skilled in social media. The pay for VAs can be quite good. You can check on the sites I mentioned for writing and editing for VA opportunities. And of course, you can always spread the word to your online contacts, they might just know someone who needs your services.
There you have it. I’ve just shared to you 5 ways to earn income from home. There are still some other ways to do so and I will be writing about them some time soon 🙂 By the way, if you have any questions about what I shared, just make a comment below. You can also add below some of your ideas for income generating at home. God bless and happy earning to us all! 🙂